Multi Switch 16A
Multi-Switch improves electrical supply continuity. The principle of operation guarantees a higher reliability level than that achieved using a single UPS (on-line with automatic bypass) or several UPS in parallel.
Principle of Operation
The Multi-Switch provides electrical distribution and remote management for up to eight network users, powered from either one or two direct mains supplies or UPS or a combination of both.
Multi-Switch can connect each user (up to eight, each with a maximum power demand not greater than 3A), to either of the two power sources (A and B). Load demand is shown on the LCD. See “principle of operation” diagram.
Protection against power supply failures
If one of the two power sources fails or falls outside specification, Multi-Switch will transfer the connected loads to the second power source (switching is instantaneous even if the two sources are in phase).
Protection against faults with the load
If a fault occurs with one of the loads (for example due to a short-circuit or overload), Multi-Switch will disconnect the load to prevent disruption to the others.
Multi-Switch protects sensitive installations from both power and hardware faults.
- Full protection against mains failures and load faults
- Flexible power sources: Multi-Switch can be powered from 2 different sources (2 mains supplies, 2 UPS or a combination of both. Note that the UPS can be of a different size)
- Designed for installation in a 19″ rack-mount cabinet
- LCD to provide measurements/alarms/states information
- Remote monitoring serial interface
- No signal connection is required between Multi-Switch and the power sources or supplied hardware
- Configuration software provided as standard.